Monday, February 16, 2009

Ecuadorian Churches are Gold






So yesterday Kendra and I went to El Centro, which is Old Town in Quito to check out all the dope colonial architecture. For those of you who have been living under a rock, or just don't know much about Ecuador, it has the lasrgest concentration of Colonial architecture in the world (I think this excludes parts of Europe where it all started.) As you will see in the picutres, the scale of the work is quite grand and they wernt messign around with the churches... I mean they aint no St Patricks on Main st Falmouth, but they are pretty nice I guess. One Church, La Compania, took 160 years to build and the inside, is all gold... all covered in gold leaf! Even though it was against the rules to take pictures, I did anyway I couldnt pass up the chance to take picutres of a gold church, comon! Today at school, I sought out a man I heard of who was a flyfisherman, obiously a gringo. To my suprise I found him; Bill Ross, and I talked to him for a while about places and fish here so hopefully I will do some fishing while in Ecuador! Saludos!

3 comments:

  1. Hola POC!
    Como esta?
    So fun to finally read your blog. Sounds amazing and I am so happy for you that all has worked out so well.
    Your parents joined us last night to help us celebrate our 19th anniversary at the Coonamesset. Yes your father came out on a Tuesday!!!
    Quite as compliment to us! It is Feb vacation and we are juust hanging out . Steve is off as well. We are meeting Joan at noon at the bike path. One great thing this town has done. So beautiful along Black beach. Tell Kendra we are planning another 4th of July adventure so she needs to come again.Keep up the good work on your Blog we are all enjoying it.
    Take care with love.
    Annie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Sapo, Excellent pictures of your Ecuadorian Ecclesiastical Experience - love the pictures of your home too! Keep safe. With much affection, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ann and Maureen! Im glad you guys like the blog Ill make sure to keep it up! I told Kendra about your bike path date and shes all for it! Much love POC

    ReplyDelete