Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ecuador So Far

So it has only been a few days in Ecuador but I love it here. When I first landed I was unsure if there was going to be a family waiting for me to pick me up becuase of some email confusions. I was prepared for thr worst, but I was very happily wrong. My host brother Omar was waiting for me a long with 100 other families waiting for their students. It was late so I was quickly introduced to my host parents Luis and Elvalicia and my host sister Maria Jose who became engagged that night, so I will be attending a wedding here in Ecuador. I have started to get the lay of the land around my house and had my orrientation at La Universidad de San Fransico de Quito USFQ yesterday. The campus is stright out of a movie and is called the Laguna Beach of Ecuador because it is the first private liberal arts school in the county. For only $5000 american per semester you can go to the most beautiful school there is. There are fountains, marble floors statues of philosophers and scientists, ponds, lawns, a Japanese style dojo and much much more. To take a bus one way anywhere is only 25 cents, our ride to school is about a half hour. thats less than a penny a mile! I havent taken maky pictures yet but I will post them when I do! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment